Posted for Kate Thompson and Anne and Batch... The fun photos from the 2007 Variety Night are courtesy of Bradley Ball.
It's a busy weekend, but consider an entertaining Saturday night on May 15! At 7 p.m., local talent from Tamworth, Sandwich and surrounding towns again takes the stage at one of The Barnstormers' ever-surprising Variety Nights - with George Cleveland, ever-surprising emcee. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for kids 12 and under, available at The Other Store, Tamworth; Mocha Rizing, Sandwich; and at the door. It's a fundraiser for the theatre, to help the summer plays AND help us make the building energy-efficient so we can be open in the winter again and useable by community groups.
To the best of our present knowledge, the lineup will include:
- Trish Jackson, Micah Jackson & Manny Ham Ying, Sandwich - jazz/rock - vocals, guitar & bass
- Alison Pugh and friends - modern dance
- Bun Nickerson - stories - with Chris Canfield
- Brian Hastings - original songs with guitar
- Community Steel Drum Band
- Peggy Johnson & Kate Vachon - piano and flute pieces
- Nat Scrimshaw - a story of escape from wartime Paris, with drawings
- Annie Barnard & Suzy Kjellberg - Tamworth limericks
- Tony Iorfino and Spud Miller - guitars & vocal
- Andy Cabell (once a Barnstormer baby!) - juggling
- Emily Robinson & Clara Hodges, The Community School - guitar & vocals
Spread the word!
Hope to see you there,
Kate Thompson Anne & Bill Batchelder